Ok, maybe more like 4 ounces of cream cheese.
The following recipe can be found this December in my cookbook, “Eric Dishes & Dustin Mixes”. It’s easily one of my favorites because it’s one of the easiest!
This Holiday Season why not swap out one of those tired sides for this luxurious green. Top with chopped yellow bell pepper for Thanksgiving or chopped red bell pepper for Christmas. Holiday meals are better spent at the table with friends and family. Hopefully I can provide you with a shortcut that will get you from the kitchen to the table a little faster!
• 20 oz Fresh Baby Spinach (2 bags)
• 4 oz Light Cream Cheese
• 2 Large Shallots (Diced)
• 1 Bell Pepper (diced)
• 1 Pinch Nutmeg
• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced shallots.
• When the shallots are transparent, add the spinach, in two batches. It will look as if the skillet will overflow, but be patient.
As the spinach wilts, add the cream cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
• Top with diced bell pepper.
• Serve alongside your entree or on top of a piece of toast for a satisfying crunch.